CNC Turner - Setter opportunity to join our Plymouth based Engineering company. Our client has extensive knowledge and expertise in the production of precision machined components and assemblies for industries such as Defence, Telecoms, Medical and Aerospace markets. They are fast paced and expanding into the premium motorsport and automotive sectors.
What will you be doing as a CNC Turner – Setter
- Read, understand and examine engineering drawings and specifications to determine appropriate methods, sequence of operations and machine setting.
- Select and fix work holding devices and appropriate cutting, shaping and/or forming tools and tips.
- Set machines controls for rotation speeds, depth of cut and stroke, and adjust bar feeds, stops and guides.
- Instruct operator of the correct safe and correct ways of using the machinery
- Accurately select tooling and use measuring equipment.
- Carry out regular coolant and oil level checks.
Skills/Qualifications of a CNC Turner – setter
- Robust and in depth engineering background
- Minimum of 2 years working in a CNC manufacturing environment
- Motorsport, automotive, medical and aerospace background are desirable but no essential.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension scheme
- Great working environment
- 20 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday