Competitive Salary | Hybrid | Weston-super-Mare
Our client, an independent accountancy practice ranked within the Top 50+50 Accountancy Practices in the UK is seeking to recruit an Audit Accountant to join their team based in Weston-super-Mare. This is a permanent full-time role which offers hybrid and flexible working.
Under the direction of the Audit Partners, Directors, and Managers your role will be to plan, manage, control, and conduct the audit fieldwork for a portfolio of the firm’s clients.
The role offers annual salary review, death in service, opportunity to buy and sell holiday, private medical insurance and much more.
Audit Accountant responsibilities include: -
- Preparing financial statements
- Building and maintaining client relationships
- Managing and developing junior members of the team
- Carrying out technical research and providing advice for clients and for other members of the firm
- Assisting the Audit Partners in developing the department, together with proposals for new work
- Networking with the business communities
Audit Accountant requirements include: -
- ACA or ACCA part qualified or qualified
- A good level of experience of working within an audit and assurance team
- Able to develop and operate complex spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel and be competent in Word and Outlook
- Good level of knowledge of UK Financial Reporting Standards and International Auditing Standards
- Experience of CaseWare audit software would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of Sage Accounts software would be an advantage
Benefits for the Audit Accountant:
- Flexible and hybrid working available
- Annual salary review
- 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 3 years’ service
- Opportunity to carry over one week’s holiday into the following year
- Death in service 3 x annual salary
- Access to the firms Rewards and Health scheme
- 24-hour external Employee Assistance Programme helpline
- Flexible benefits including Buy and Sell holiday, Cycle to Work, Payroll Charity Giving and Private Medical Insurance
- Introducing clients and staff commission schemes
- Pension 3% rising to 4% (but matched up to 6%) after 4 years’ service
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay after one years’ service
If you are interested in this role, apply today for more information!
Recruitment Consultant: Joanne Howell