Hybrid // Up to £35k // Continual Development
Test Automation Engineer
Our client is a household name in the digital connections sector, undergoing significant growth, and looking for a new Test Automation Engineer to join the company based out of Exeter.
As a Test Automation Engineer you will join the team supporting the development of applications and perform testing. You will have ownership of the process, working closely with the team to implement the adequate tests.
Test Automation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Run both manual and automated tests against the product suite and contribute tests to the automated test suite and documentation to supplement any manual testing required.
- Work closely with Product Owner and development teams to ensure the product is of high quality and meets client expectations.
- Run monitoring scripts to identify potential issues (response time, DB metrics, infrastructure metrics)
- Delivery of high-quality automated testing across Frontend, Backend, web and mobile apps
Test Automation Engineer Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification
- Experienced in the use of Issue Tracking Software (JIRA knowledge desirable)
- Understand Gherkin syntax
- Understand how to test API endpoints
- Understand Automation Testing Tools
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum, Kanban & Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Understanding of build pipelines using common CI/CD and SCM tools (e.g. GitHub)
- Experience with DevOps Procedures and process and working in an Agile Environment
- Experience with Jira, GitHub & AWS cloud infrastructure, services, and offerings desirable
What we can offer:
- Up to £35K DOE
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 5 days company sick pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech scheme
- Company Referral Scheme
- Continual Professional Development
If you are an experienced Test Automation Engineer, we would love to hear from you!
Consultant: Emma Dudley-Hammatt