Our client, a successful accountancy firm with multiple offices across the South West, requires an experienced Accounts Senior to join their Landed Estates Team. The main purpose of the role is to provide accounting and tax compliance services, including tax planning advice to complex landed estates, identifying tax issues, reviewing accounts, and preparing tax computations/tax returns. The successful candidate will be ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent) or qualified by experience, with significant relevant experience in a similar role and will have good technical knowledge of accounts preparation and tax compliance.
This role involves a hybrid working approach with a mix of home and office working.
What will you be doing as a Tax Accountant?
- Plan, prepare and complete accounts - some of these clients comprise more than 20 different legal entities with inter-entity balances and transactions. Many of the entities are trusts, often requiring bespoke accounts preparation using Excel
- Review accounts and working papers prepared in-house by the client’s Estate Office; identify tax issues to ensure that all the necessary information to prepare tax returns correctly is obtained, and provide a quality assurance service for the accounts
- Prepare tax computations and tax returns
- Support the work of less experienced team members
- Identify financial, commercial and tax planning opportunities for clients
Skills/Qualifications of a Tax Accoutant: -
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent) or qualified by experience, with significant relevant experience in a similar role
- Good technical knowledge of accounts preparation and tax compliance, including capital transactions
- Committed, logical and accurate
- A methodical approach to work and strong attention to detail
- Experience in servicing different types of business entity
- Experience in using accounts and tax return software
- Proficient in MS Office (with strong Excel skills), Sage, Xero and QBO
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients
- Opportunities for progression and development
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays, rising to 27 days with length of service
- Access to a Company Pension scheme
- Access to a Life Assurance scheme
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Company social events including Christmas and summer events
Recruitment Consultant: Jo Howell