Our client is on the lookout for a Personal Tax Manager to join its Exeter office on a full-time, permanent basis. Your role will be centered around managing a portfolio of personal tax clients, providing specified tax consultancy advice and overseeing the department’s tax compliance requirements. You should be CTA qualified (or equivalent) and possess previous experience in a tax compliance role.
What will you be doing as a Personal Tax Manager?
- Taking responsibility for a portfolio of varied tax cases, including the self-employed, HNWIs, trusts and directors and catering for their tax returns.
- Communicating directly with Clients to understand their requirements and providing them with tailored advice.
- Preparing 30-day capital gains tax returns, P11D forms and ATED returns.
- Providing clients with tax consultancy advice covering areas such as income tax, capital gains tax and inheritance tax.
- Dealing with a multitude of situations such as residency and domicile questions, land and property transactions, family succession planning and business purchases and sales.
- Collaborating with the Personal Tax Partner and Personal Tax Director to correctly identify commercial opportunities.
Skills/Qualifications of a Personal Tax Manager:
- You should be CTA qualified (or equivalent), or you may also be qualified by experience.
- Ideally, you should have some previous experience gained within a tax compliance role at a Senior or Manager level.
- You should possess excellent and current technical knowledge, particularly in regard to current compliance standards imposed by various regulatory authorities.
- You should be highly organised and commercially astute, with impeccable communication skills.
- You should have advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Flexi-time working
- Access to a Company Pension scheme
- The opportunity for Private Healthcare
- External training and study support provided
- Partner mentoring scheme
Recruitment Consultant: Joanne Howell.