Cathedral Appointments is looking to recruit a gifted Payroll Supervisor to join a prestigious accountancy firm on a full-time, or part-time basis. Based in a beautiful location in Bath, your main responsibility can be summarised by the coaching of more junior team members to aid their progression into becoming experienced payroll administrators. You should already possess some prior payroll administration experience, which ideally should have been gained from within either an in-house or bureau environment.
The firm is open to considering applicants who would like to spend a portion of their working week based in their Bristol office.
What will you be doing?
- People managing the firm’s Payroll Administrators by engaging in tasks such as reviewing work, answering queries and ensuring that an impeccable level of client service is consistently delivered.
- Communicating with clients to ensure that you have all the information necessary to run their payrolls.
- Processing tax and allowances.
- Providing a pensions auto enrolment service.
- Managing payroll and bank credits.
- Supporting the Payroll Managers team with general ad-hoc project work.
- You will need to have some previous experience within payroll administration, and ideally this will have been gained from within either an in-house, or bureau environment.
- A proven track record of successfully coaching and mentoring individuals within a payroll centered environment.
- Sound working knowledge of Star Payroll would be desirable, but not an essential requirement.
- Well-developed IT skills, with particular proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge in how to identify and suggest process improvements.
This role offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including generous holiday entitlement, access to a company Pension scheme and a fully paid Health Scheme via Simply Health. To add to this, you will have the option to buy or sell holiday and the chance to enrol onto a Cycle to Work Scheme.
This is a firm which greatly values the importance of a flexible working schedule, and therefore you can expect some leniency regarding both working from home and part time working. Not only this, but the firm is renowned for its supportive and inclusive working environment, which ensures that everyone is given the same opportunity to reach their full potential.
Recruitment Consultant: Jo Howell.
Closing Date: All suitable candidates will be submitted as soon as received; our client reserves the right to appoint before the closing date. Please note that due to the volume of applications, if you haven’t received a response within 5 days of applying, then unfortunately on this occasion you won’t have been successful.