An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Paraplanner to join a well-established business based in Wellington, Somerset. Our client is looking for an experienced Paraplanner to interpret/analyse data, ensure all client files are kept compliant and liaise with the Head of Technical on structure and development of Suitability Report Templates. The successful candidate will be Level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning qualified and ideally be working towards Level 6.
This role will be undertaken on a hybrid basis, involving 2 days office work and 3 days working from home.
What will you be doing as a Paraplanner?
- Receiving instructions during debriefings from advisers following client meetings
- Interpreting data obtained by advisers during client meetings
- Analysing data and using research tools to provide solutions to meet client needs and objectives
- Liaising with Head of Technical/Head of Compliance when uncertain / guidance required
- Consolidating client needs and objectives, together with the recommendations and course of action in a written format via a suitability letter, client specific illustration and key features document
- Liaising with Head of Technical on structure and development of the Suitability Report Templates and attachments to the reports
- Uploading cases onto relevant platforms in a suitable manner and fully debrief administrator and consultant along the way
- Carrying out all tasks in a manner consistent with compliance procedures and company process
- Ensuring all client files are compliant on an ongoing basis
- Ensuring that significant risk issues are referred to the Head of Compliance where appropriate
- Making a constructive contribution to the continuing development of the team
- Proactively enhancing industry knowledge, through external and internal sources
Skills/Qualifications of a Paraplanner:
- You will have a Level 4 Diploma in Financial Services and ideally working towards Level 6 Advanced Diploma
- You will be able to demonstrate practical awareness and up to date knowledge of retail financial products and current regulatory expectations
- You will be analytical in solving tasks with a keen attention for detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with an ability to work under pressure and prioritise is essential.
- You will be able to deliver effective and positive communication, and demonstrate competent use of IT
- You will have a desire to complete tasks to the highest standards and in a timely fashion, taking ownership and accountability for own actions
- A positive and proactive approach to work and a desire to help and support the wider team is essential.
- You will have a calm and considered outlook in approach to problem solving
- Flexible/Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday
- Access to a Company Pension
Recruitment Consultant: Joanne Howell