Cathedral Appointments is looking to recruit a Paraplanner to join a renowned, forward-thinking Financial Services firm on a full-time, permanent basis. You will be ensuring that client files are kept up to date and compliant, as well as producing Financial Planning Reports. You should ideally have a Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning and have previous experience of working in a Paraplanning role.
This role will be undertaken on a flexible, hybrid basis with two to three days spent working from the Office in Truro. The ideal candidate will therefore be located in Truro or in the surrounding area.
What will you be doing as a Paraplanner?
- Producing a range of Financial Planning Reports/Letters and demonstrating clear reasoning for the recommendations suggested.
- Providing support to the company’s Investment Committee through investment performance data handling and commentary.
- Reviewing client files to maximise potential for approval from third party file checkers.
- Communicating with the firm’s external compliance company.
- Organising and overseeing post-sale file checks and remedial action.
- Involving yourself in technical discussions and providing technical support to advisers, paraplanners and administrators.
- Engaging with company training and in the maintenance of templates as well as several additional responsibilities.
Skills/Qualifications of a Paraplanner:
- You should ideally have a Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning however the firm are open to candidates with Paraplanning experience without said qualification.
- Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) qualifications are encouraged with a view to obtaining the Advanced Diploma qualification in Financial Planning.
- Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise your own workload.
- A development mindset and an eagerness to enhance your own expertise and knowledge.
- Flexible working
- Opportunities for training and development
Recruitment Consultant: Joanne Howell.