Cathedral Appointments has a fantastic opportunity for a Legal Secretary to join a well-established, progressive law firm based in Taunton. This would be the ideal opportunity for a Legal Secretary who is looking to continue their career with an exceptional law firm and not only provide administrative and typing support, but also be treated as an integral part of the legal team and be responsible for providing excellent levels of service to clients, business partners and other teams within the business.
What will you be doing as a Legal Secretary?
- You will produce a variety of documents from audio and digital dictation
- You will make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary
- You will make effective use of IT systems, specifically Word, Excel and the case management system VisualFiles
- You will take and record accurate messages and pass on to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- You will attend to clients both on the telephone and in person in a professional manner
- You will deal with the collation and pagination of documents
- You will deal with filing and the storage and retrieval of client files
- You will deal with any other administrative and secretarial duties as directed by fee earners
Skills/Qualifications of a Legal Secretary:
- You will be an experienced audio typist with excellent typing skills in excess of 70 WPM
- You will ideally have experience as a Legal Secretary or a Medical Secretary
- You will be a team player who is flexible and dedicated
- You will have the ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- You will be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- You will have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- You will have excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- You will have a confident and professional telephone manner
- Competitive salary, good benefits and the
- The flexibility to work from home
Recruitment Consultant: Sophia Damshenas