Our client is looking to recruit a Family Solicitor to join their team in Exeter on a full-time, permanent basis. Your duties will include managing a caseload of Family matters which will include Divorce, Finance, Children (Private and Public Law), Cohabitation and Child Abduction. The ideal candidate will be a qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within Family Law.
What will you be doing as a Family Solicitor?
- Dealing with a varied caseload of Family Law matters
- Meeting with clients to take their instructions
- Acting for and representing clients in Court
- Liaising with legal representatives as and when is necessary
- Collaborating with professionals including Barristers and Mediators as and when required
Skills/Qualifications of a Family Solicitor:
- You will be a qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive with a minimum of 2 years PQE working within Family Law
- You will be comfortable managing a mixed caseload of Divorce, Finance, Children (Private and Public Law), Cohabitation and Child Abduction matters
- You will have knowledge of legal aid and experience in using the Legal Aid Agency’s electronic case management system
- You will a confident communicator with good advocacy skills and will able to represent clients effectively in Court
- You will be self-motivated, resilient and organised with a strong sense of initiative.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional leave between Christmas and New Year.
Recruitment Consultant: Sophia Damshenas