The NIHR is funded through the Department of Health and Social Care to improve the health and wealth of the nation through research. They play a vital role in the Government's strategy for economic growth, attracting investment by the life-sciences industries through its world-class infrastructure for health research. Together, the NIHR people, programmes, centres of excellence, and systems represent the world's most integrated health research system. Whilst their offices are based on the grounds of the Royal and Devon & Exeter Hospital, they offer a hybrid working model with most employees working 1-2 days in the office a week and the rest remotely.
About the Role
This role will work as part of the Finance and Business Intelligence Unit (BIU), the focal point for supporting strategic and operational management in providing accurate reporting, improved monitoring of performance metrics, and enabling evidence-based decisions by developing standard sets of methodologies and tools to enable common ways of working, continuous improvement and best practice. The successful candidate will be expected to support a diverse range of staff, using extensive analytical and technical expertise, supported by an in-depth knowledge of NHS/NIHR data and definitions.
Key Responsibilities for the Data/Information Manager will include:
- Data quality monitoring and improvement
- Data extraction and manipulation through advanced knowledge of data analysis tools such as Excel, Qlik, Google App Sheet etc.
- Information analysis, interpretation and presentation
- Design and develop dashboards
- Provide appropriate training and support to colleagues on the above
- Lead in development of key data sets
- Continuous processes improvement and automation
Requirements of the Data/Information Manager:
- Demonstrable experience of working with large data sets and experience of analysing and interpreting complex data
- Knowledge of relevant systems such as Qlik, MS Excel, Access, PowerBI or GIS mapping
- Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to manipulate, analyse and interpret data in a structured manner, drawing conclusions and presenting the data
- The ability to present data in user-friendly and insightful reports with experience creating dashboards highly advantageous
- A strong communicator with proven experience working with a variety of stakeholders, managing priorities and needs
- A self starter with the ability to work autonomously whilst working with the wider team as required to achieve results
NHS Benefits include:
- Impressive pension scheme with sizeable contribution by the employer
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Hybrid or remote working
- Flexible working
- Blue light discount card
- Health and wellbeing benefits
If you are interested in registering your interest for the role, please submit your CV for consideration.
Please note that Cathedral Appointments are handling this vacancy on an exclusive basis and all third-party enquiries will be directed to us.