Ref: JH 7942
Our client, a leading, Exeter-based accountancy firm, requires a Corporate Tax Senior to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis. The role involves providing clients, partners and staff with answers and solutions to issues facing owner-managed businesses, meeting with clients to gather information/explain options, and liaising with HM Revenue and Customs on clients' behalf. The successful candidate will have previous experience of working in a similar role, strong communication skills, and a sharp eye for detail.
The role is based in the Exeter office, however, flexible / home working is also considered.
Responsibilities include: -
- Deliver client focused tax planning solutions and project work so that clients can manage their tax affairs in the most effective way
- Support the corporate tax team in a wide range of projects
- Manage the corporate tax compliance service
- Identify and provide clients with solutions to tax planning issues
- Consider the tax implications of individual or business decisions made throughout the year
- Assist with compliance-based work where appropriate or required
- Supervisory role - assist with the day-to-day running of the department; mentor and train more junior members of the team; manage the overall workloads of the department
- Ensure all client interaction and documentation is in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures
- Work effectively with others to provide excellent client service
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills and a sharp eye for detail
- Ability to work well on own initiative
- Strong ambition to contribute towards the growth and success of the company
- ACA/ACCA/CTA qualified (desirable)
Our client offers excellent employee benefits including, a competitive salary, pension scheme, healthcare arrangements, external training and flexi-time working.
Recruitment Consultant: Jo Howell
Closing Date: All suitable candidates will be submitted as soon as received; our client reserves the right to appoint before the closing date. Please note that due to the volume of applications, if you haven’t received a response within 5 days of applying, then unfortunately on this occasion you won’t have been successful.