Reference - 7807
Audit Manager to join the Corporate Services team in Torquay or Exeter. In this role, you will work within our growing corporate services team, leading assignments on a variety of new and established clients across a number of commercial sectors as well as charity/not-for-profit.
- Planning, carrying out and completing statutory audits of corporate clients, both on-site and back in the office.
- Taking responsibility for managing workloads and meeting deadlines.
- Leading the audit team on-site, ensuring audit procedures are adhered to fully, all hours are correctly recorded and budgets are met.
- Supervising and supporting the work of less experienced team members.
- Liaising with client staff, which often includes non-accounts personnel.
- Producing work for Manager and/ or Partner review, clearly highlighting technical or client-specific issues and providing possible solutions where required.
- ACA/ ACCA qualified (or equivalent), although part-qualified with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Statutory audit experience, gained in a public practice environment, ideally including experience of group audits and preparing consolidated financial statements, but not essential.
- Full, clean driving licence, plus unrestricted access to a car as the role will require travel to clients.
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care.
- Experience in using automated audit software and computer based accounts and tax compilation programmes; plus advanced MS Excel, Word and Outlook skills.