Our client, a forward-thinking and ambitious Accountancy firm, is on the lookout for an Audit Manager to join their team in Exeter on a full-time, permanent basis. Your role will be centered around managing and developing a team of talented audit professionals. You will manage a diverse portfolio of clients, the size of portfolio being commensurate with experience. You will be ACA/ACCA qualified and possess some PQE which has been gained in audit.
What will you be doing as an Audit Manager?
- Managing a varied portfolio of corporate and not for profit clients operating in an exciting array of varied sectors.
- Managing and developing a team or corporate and accounts employees
- Leading teams in relation to client audits, ensuring assignments are staffed appropriately and with the required blend of skills and experience
- Working closely with the client engagement Partner to co-ordinate both compliance and specialist services
- Acting as the main point of contact for all client matters, demonstrating a strong commercial understanding of their business and keeping them regularly informed of progress in relation to the service provided
- Assisting with the coaching and development of audit staff, from new recruits to qualified seniors, both on-site and back in the office
- Identifying and raising business development opportunities with new and existing clients
- Supporting complex and often fast-moving projects, which may include business sales and acquisitions
- Supporting group restructuring exercises, including client/ HMRC liaison, accounting entries and company secretarial work
Skills/Qualifications of an Audit Manager:
- You will be ACA/ ACCA qualified
- You will have post-qualification experience in audit and a good working knowledge of compliance, regulation and bespoke audit and accounts software
- You will have experience of working with charities and not-for-profit clients desirable
- You will possess good knowledge of corporate tax
- You will have previous experience of managing and developing people.
- Access to a Company Pension scheme
- Access to a Life Assurance scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement + option to buy and sell holiday.
- Fully paid-for Health Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Recruitment Consultant: Joanne Howell