Our client is looking to recruit an Accounts Senior on a full-time, permanent basis. This role’s duties include being responsible for the delivery of a high-quality tax, accountancy and VAT service. The successful candidate will either be an AAT qualified Accountant with at least 1 years’ experience in Accountancy practice or have at least 3 to 4 years in a professional practice environment.
- Overseeing accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies.
- Setting staff budgets, assisting staff with Accounts completion and on the job training for junior staff.
- Creating and overseeing Tax returns and calculating income tax liabilities.
- Reviewing Corporation Tax Returns.
- Engaging in forecasting work.
- Dealing with general administrative duties such as E mail correspondence.
- Managing client portfolios including billing duties.
- Engaging in tax enquiry work as it becomes necessary.
- Production of both VAT and Corporate Tax returns.
- Supervising and helping to develop the skill set of more junior members of the team.
- An individual who is an AAT qualified accountant with at least 1 years’ experience post qualification (or possibility for qualification by experience).
- Somebody with at least 3 to 4 years of Accounts preparation and ideally personal tax experience gained from within a fast-paced accountancy practice environment.
- Someone with sound knowledge of Computer and Spreadsheet skills as well as of accounting software such as Sage, Quickbook or Xero.
- An individual who is able to show initiative and be a cooperative team player.
- Someone who is able to build and maintain solid client relationships.
- A candidate with impeccable communication and interpersonal skills who can easily establish rapport.
- Somebody who is incredibly well organised with the ability to manage their own workload efficiently.
- An individual with excellent all round tax knowledge.
If you are an AAT qualified accountant or have 3 to 4 years of Accounts preparation experience, this role could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Recruitment Consultant: Joanne Howell.
Closing Date: All suitable candidates will be submitted as soon as received; our client reserves the right to appoint before the closing date. Please note that due to the volume of applications, if you haven’t received a response within 5 days of applying, then unfortunately on this occasion you won’t have been successful.